Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I can't believe it's snowing. Finally. Although I am personally ready for spring....

Jakoby is teething. Anyone have any ideas of good things to try with a teething baby??? I know I should know something already. But with the older 3 being so much older... I just don't remember. It bothers him mostly at night. (why did I think it wouldn't be??) He was up so much the night before last that I let Hannah stay home from school yesterday because he had us up all night. (her room is beside his) But one good thing.. we had some mother/daughter time while it was nap time. We excercised to my new toy... my very own playstation game. Dance Factory. Which is very neat! and we baked a batch of cookies out of my new recipe book. I got a Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook for Christmas.
I just have to share the recipe...

Dropped Amish Church Sugar Cookies

3 1/2 c. flour 2 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. almond extract (we did 2 tsp. vanilla instead)
1 tsp. ground nutmeg 2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. salt (we omitted) 1 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. margarine (no substitutes) sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. In large bowl, beat margarine, sugar and extracts until creamy. Add eggs and sour cream: beat well. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well.
Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper. Using medium sized cookie scoop, drop cookies 2 inches apart. Sprinkly with sugar. (dough isn't really dough like, more like a thick cake batter)
Bake cookies for 10- 15 minutes or until set. (DON'T OVER BAKE!) Don't allow cookies to get too golden. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack. When completely cool, store between sheets of wax paper. ENJOY!

I thought for sure the boys wouldn't care as much for them unless I iced them... I was wrong. They were almost gone in hours! They are very soft and cake like. Everyone just loved them.

Well that's it for now... I need to find something else to get into... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Prettybird said...

Exercising AND baking cookies!??!

Only you could make that work!

love you,
r

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home