Friday, November 24, 2006

It's the day after Thanksgiving. On our way home from the Grandparents last night.... everyone on our street had their Christmas lights turned on. It was beautiful. But why not wait till Dec. 1st?? Why cut Thanksgiving short?? Most of the world seems to skip over Thanksgiving... and start with the Christmas stuff at Halloween.... no wonder the world seems so rushed. Why don't people just slow down???? We decided with the baby this year to keep it all real simple. I usually decorate the whole down stairs... this year , just a tree. I thought about nothing outside. Well the front of the house anyhow. (the tree will be in the front window) We ran electric to our daughters playhouse and will outline it along with my light up, moving moose. (I just love mooses) I am rethinking the front of the house. Just because the WHOLE street is in white lights. I think I should add some COLOR to the street. Even if it is just a wreath with lights.

Maybe I am feeling so rushed because this year I have no reason to rush.... my sister came home early this year. She is usually home from Thanksgiving till New Years, this year she was here and left already. AND she spent one whole day with each kid separtately and took them to do their Christmas shopping. And hense..... everything is DONE. (excupt Santa shopping)
I may even do some baking this year. maybe....

1 Comments:

Blogger kat's mosaic'd world said...

looked it up and can't figure out what you mean..... Secret shopping sounds neat... kat

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home